Blackshaw Environmental Action Team
BEAT has a variety of activities to get involved in: –
- Village clean-up twice a year (in April and October), where rubbish is collected from roads, verges, footpaths and bridleways.
- Creating community orchards.
- Producing a regular newsletter.
- Public meetings with speakers.
- Opposing planning applications that could have a detrimental effect on the Blackshaw environment.
- Nature conservation activities.
BEAT has its own website
BEAT is a member of Calderdale Energy Future and of The Conservation Volunteers.
BEAT meets regularly at the Blackshaw Head Methodist Church (the Chapel).
A copy of BEAT’s 2012 constitution is available to download.
Older BEAT documents are archived
PCP is an independent organisation that grew out of BEAT. They have set up a community wind turbine.
PENNINE COMMUNITY POWER LIMITED